CFUnited session: ColdFusion Report Builder
1. Have you spoken at CFUnited in the past?
I have spoken at CFUnited for the past 4 years, including CFUnited Europe, and every year is better than the last.
2. Why should people attend your sessions?
Often people overlook the importance of good report writing tools that ColdFusion provide you. They lean toward building queries and outputting the data in a table and that's their idea of reporting. A lot of the work is done for you in ColdFusion Report Builder. Stop by and find out just how easy.
3. Do you have any projects in the works that you will be revealing at CFUnited?
Actually. I have 2 projects that we will be showcasing at CFUnited this year - one for the Smithsonian and one for CommunityMX. Both utilize the CFWheels framework and will be awesome. Stop by and check them out.
4. Besides your topic, what other sessions are you looking forward to?
Being a Government employee I just blogged about the Top 10 topics you don't want to miss out on. Make sure to check it out, as there are too many great topics and too little time for one person.
5. What are some of the hot topics you'd like to see at RoundTable discussions?
Frameworks - There are so many to choose from that it's often a hard decision for people to make. Mike Henke, Chris Peters and myself will actually be doing a Birds of a Feather on CFWheels so stop by to hear more.
6. Where can people find you at CFUnited?
When I am not taking in a presentation, chatting with attendees in the hallway then you can find me in the bar socializing.
7. What's the latest news with you? Has anything changed since last CFUnited?
I actually went over to the darkside. I am now a Government employee and work for the Smithsonian. Moved from the desert of Las Vegas to the Capital City of D.C. and participated in my first 10K. Does that count?
8. What is unique about CFUnited?
Where else could you sit and talk to such great people with such great backgrounds and never mention the word - ColdFusion.
9. What do you like to do in your free time?
Free time - is that what they call it?