Andrew Schwabe - President of IEXP Software, LLC and is a veteran CFML developer since 1998. Prior to working with IEXP, Andrew worked for 10 years as the President and Chairman of the Board of Internet Expressions, Inc. He has been the forerunner in developing numerous applications ranging from the free - CFX_RawSocket (a Java Custom Tag for ColdFusion) - to FusionDox (enterprise-level document management). Andrew has been deeply involved in developing many of these applications from the ground up, enhancing and using the ColdFusion platform to its fullest potential. In addition to his extensive ColdFusion experience, Andrew has been recognized in the business community, receiving the coveted Dale Carnegie Highest Achievement Award.
CFUnited session: Flex and Google App Engine
1. Have you spoken at CFUnited in the past?
Yup. I've been speaking at CF United events for the last 4-5 years or so. Lost count. CFUN is cool because you get to hang out with all the movers and shakers in the industry.
2. Why should people attend your session(s)?
Why not? I'll be showing an example of using Flex to talk to Google App Engine (GAE), so its just pretty darn cool.
3. Do you have any projects in the works that you will be revealing at CFUnited?
I'm hoping to have a brand new product ready to demo called FusionDox Access, which is a way cool easy way to share large files with people, and easily integrates into your web projects. All build in Flex of course :)
4. Besides your topic, what other sessions are you looking forward to?
Flexy goodness, especially looking forward to Flex 4 graphics enhancements.
5. What are some of the hot topics you'd like to see at RoundTable discussions?
How to beat down the industry's impression that ColdFusion is dying.
6. Where can people find you at CFUnited? (At the bar, networking, working, in your room, etc.)
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. Also email me. aschwabe(at)gmail(dot)com.
7. What's the latest news with you? Has anything changed since last CFUnited?
New version of FusionDox is coming out. See http://www.fusiondox.com/blog/
8. What is unique about CFUnited?
Everything is approachable at CFUN. Talk to whoever, everybody is sincere about wanting to transfer knowledge so that everybody grows.
9. What do you like to do in your free time?
Playing guitar, riding my motorcycle (bmw k100), going to the shooting range with the family, travel, eat, drink, being merry.