CFUnited session: CFGroovy - Groovy for the CFML Developer
1. Have you spoken at CFUnited in the past?
Nope, sure haven't.
2. Why should people attend your session(s)?
CFML is a great templating language, but it falls rather short in other areas (verbosity, java integration, collections, etc.). Groovy has the "inverse" feature set (concise, tight with java, rich APIs, but bad at templating). Leveraging Groovy within your CFML applications can provide a significant reduction in complexity and verbosity, and it's ridiculously simple to do.
3. Do you have any projects in the works that you will be revealing at CFUnited?
CFGroovy will have a couple releases this summer. Not sure if they will coincide with CFUnited or not.
4. What are some of the hot topics you'd like to see at RoundTable discussions?
Multiple CFML runtimes, Java library integration
5. Where can people find you at CFUnited?
In the common area(s), chatting with whomever.
6. What do you like to do in your free time?
Ride my bicycle and my motorcycle, cook (and eat), play with new technologies and methodologies.