Gert Franz - One of the founders of Railo Technologies GmbH and accompanied the development from when it started back in 2001. Next to the development of Railo he worked as a system engineer and database administrator, where one of his favorite web projects was and is for instance www.zinodavidoff.com. He's addicted to problem solving, performance and database tuning (especially SQL Server). Gert is a father of three and boyfriend of one. As far as he can remember, he has studied astrophysics in Munich some (many :-) years ago.
CFUnited session: Railo Open Source
1. Have you spoken at CFUnited in the past?
No I haven't. I have attended but haven't spoken yet. It is definitely theCFML conference with the most attendees and you get a chance to meet and greet the who's who in the CFML world. So just go and attend!
2. Why should people attend your session(s)?
Because they are learning about a CFML engine free of costs that might be the alternative in the times of the credit crunch. It's highly compatible to the current standard and allows you to take your code and execute it with almost no changes. High performance and innovative security features as well as settings that help you code more effective allow you to get the most out of your apps.
3. Do you have any projects in the works that you will be revealing at CFUnited?
Yes, we are constantly working on our engine and always introduce new extensions and features.
4. Besides your topic, what other sessions are you looking forward to?
I look forward to the Intergral and Blueriver sessions. Of course some ofthe sessions the Railo guys give are interesting as well.
5. What are some of the hot topics you'd like to see at RoundTable discussions?
Open Source, what does the community want from the vendors, CFML Advisory Committee questions etc.
6. Where can people find you at CFUnited?
Look for an orange or violet TShirt with the GotRailo Logo on it :-) I will be everywhere mentioned in this order: working - networking - at the bar - in my room
7. What's the latest news with you? Has anything changed since last CFUnited?
Yes, we're open source with Railo 3.1. And we have some of the best minds in our company.
8. What is unique about CFUnited?
The name :-) No... I guess the ability to meet so many different people and since all of the top speakers will attend, I am looking forward to meeting many of them!
9. What do you like to do in your free time?
Walking my dog, going to the movies, spend time with friends, travel, and of course my family!
10. What the best thing about your job?
Well it's my hobby!